Responsibility is the state or fact of being responsible, answerable, or accountable for something within one's power, control, or management
Be a Street Sweeper
Thinking about the quote listed above, explain the meaning of the following graphic.
Create a written or visual artifact (e.g., story, newspaper article, audio or video report, or a computer generated project that highlights the message in the quote above...
As part of Media Literacy, you are asked to watch the two videos below. Write your own comments about the message in the video and whether you think the video did a good job capturing the essence of the virtue.
Try writing a quote of your own...
What Might Responsibility Look Like
- wearing your mask and washing your hands frequently with soap and water
- Coming to class each day prepared to learn
- Being polite and saying things like, Please", "thank you", "I apologise"
- Taking ownership for your own actions, words, and behaviours
- Being a the best person you can be
- Asking permission to leave the classroom
- keeping your learning area at school clean and tidy
- Sharing toys
- Not gossiping
- Including others in your group and games
- Allowing people to be themselves
- Sitting quietly on the bus
- Listening to the Crosswalk Guard
- Looking both ways when crossing the street
- Taking your dog for a walk , feeding your fish, or feeding the cat
- taking out the garbage without having to be asked
Can you thing of other ways you can show responsibility
Teaching Your Child Responsibility
Create your own poster for this month's virtue
Write your own lyrics to a song about responsibility or being responsible.